Online Business Programs
Thinking about a future in entrepreneurship, investing, or international relations? If you are intrigued by these subjects and want to explore them in-depth before college, here is your chance. Georgetown University now offers pre-college online courses for high school students ages 13 and older. Each course features dynamic video lessons by renowned Georgetown faculty and access to mentors. The program is available year-round, and the online format enables you to study anywhere, anytime, at your own pace.
Multi-length courses available throughout the year
For students ages 13 and up
Current Courses Available
Becoming an Entrepreneur: An Inside Look at Innovation
Here is a course that will ignite the inner entrepreneur in you. You will learn how to identify the need for your product, discover your audience, understand the competitive landscape, and formulate a unique story that makes your brand memorable. Practice leadership skills, understand the risks involved, and develop a compelling pitch.
Becoming an Investor: An Inside Look at Finance
Did you know that global investing is a *$28.5 trillion industry? Whether you’re new to investing or familiar with the field, this course will break down the basic mechanics of financial markets. Hear from industry experts, identify investment products, determine how investments yield returns, calculate an asset’s worth, and explore how the fintech revolution has enabled crypto exchanges. If you envision a future in this fast-paced business, here’s a course for you.
*SOURCE: United Nations Global Trade Update
How the World Works
Natural disasters. Pandemics. Unconventional warfare. Cyber threats. Learn how our world reacts to disasters. Discover why populist movements arise and how they can threaten democracy. Consider how different nations define human rights, and see how technological advances offer both promise and threat. Explore the field of international relations and consider what your role will be in tomorrow’s world.
How You Will Benefit
- Online courses are available throughout the year—pick a subject that fits your passion and your schedule.
- Suitable for high school students ages 13 and up so you can start exploring your interests early on.
- Experience what it’s like to take a course designed by Georgetown University faculty while you’re still in high school.
- Flexible learning: lectures by professors are delivered through dynamic videos, so you can tune in whenever your schedule allows—the ultimate in flexibility.
- Work with mentors who can support you and answer questions as you deepen your learning experience.
- Earn a Certificate of Completion from Georgetown University for your college application.
Three Learning Advantages Designed for You
Final Capstone Project
All online courses culminate in a special Final Capstone Project that allows you to:
- Demonstrate what you’ve learned in a presentation.
- Get feedback from your mentors on your work.
- Choose from a variety of topics covered in your course to show what you’ve learned.
- Use any media you prefer—text, video, photography, PowerPoint.
You’ll receive guidance from a mentor who can support you and answer questions as you deepen your learning experience. You can expect:
- Encouragement and direction on all assignments.
- Inspiration, motivation, and confidence to help you excel in your studies.
- Brainstorming to help you prepare for your Final Capstone Project.
- 100% online learning that works with your schedule.
- Flexible format: you’ll learn through video lectures. Tune in anytime that works for you.
- 20 to 30 hours of total instruction and course work, including engaging multimedia, simulations, and curated assignments for which you will receive guidance and support from mentors.
- Engage with fellow students online from around the world through online interaction and discussion boards.
How to Apply
It’s easy. No transcripts or letters of recommendation are required. Our application asks you to provide the following:
- Basic contact information for you and your parent or guardian.
- Why you wish to take this course, and a bit of your story, through writing, video, photos—any media you prefer.
Begin the guided process. It should take only a few minutes to answer the questions.Begin the process
Want to Know More?
Sign up for more information and we’ll be in touch.
Our application process is easy. You can expect a prompt decision.Start Application
Frequently Asked Questions
How will you be graded? What are assignments like? How much time do you have to turn around a project? When do you find out if you’re admitted? Find answers to your questions here.Answers to Your Questions Here
We offer need-based scholarships in each cohort to students exhibiting high potential and an inability to pay full tuition. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship but you:
- Haven’t applied to the program, complete your application now. The scholarship application is included.
- Applied to the program and didn’t fill out a scholarship request, reach out to us at email@example.com for assistance.
- Are unsure about whether or not you applied for a scholarship, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The University reserves the right to modify the course as may become necessary.