Online Medicine Programs
High school is a great time to see where your interests might lead you. Are you good at science? Curious about the different career paths you can take in the field of medicine? Our pre-med online courses offer the perfect way to get a head start on your college education and potentially your future. You’ll find a rich variety of subjects to try out before you commit to a major. Learn with acclaimed Georgetown University professors and even get insights from practitioners in your field of interest. If you are thinking about pre-med, STEM, or medicine, we can help you find your fit.
Multi-length courses available throughout the year
For students ages 13 and up
Current Courses Available
Explore the Field of Medicine
Medical Research: Clinical Trials Resulting in Medical Discoveries
Whether it’s a vaccine, a breakthrough drug, or a revolutionary treatment, they all came from one thing: medical research. This course will help you understand the process researchers use to set up clinical trials and evaluate evidence. You’ll even design your own study using professional methods. If you’re thinking about a future in medicine, STEM, or pharmaceuticals, this course is for you.
Discover the Exciting World of Surgery
Becoming a Surgeon: Skills, Specialties, and Diseases
Surgeons are a unique mix of scientific curiosity and hands-on dexterity. Have you ever dreamt about becoming a surgeon? Then this course is for you. It offers you a fascinating close-up of the surgical procedures used to treat abdominal conditions. You’ll create your own model of the major organs and the vascular structure of the abdomen. If this opportunity interests you, apply today!
How You Will Benefit
- Online courses are available throughout the year—pick a subject that fits your passion and your schedule.
- Suitable for high school students ages 13 and up so you can start exploring your interests early on.
- Experience what it’s like to take a course designed by Georgetown University faculty while you’re still in high school.
- Flexible learning: lectures by professors are delivered through dynamic videos, so you can tune in whenever your schedule allows—the ultimate in flexibility.
- Work with mentors who can support you and answer questions as you deepen your learning experience.
- Earn a Certificate of Completion from Georgetown University for your college application.
Three Learning Advantages Designed for You
All online courses culminate in a special final project that allows you to:
- Demonstrate what you've learned in a presentation.
- Get feedback from your mentors on your work.
- Choose from a variety of topics covered in your course to show what you’ve learned.
- Use any media you prefer—text, video, photography, PowerPoint.
You’ll receive guidance from a mentor who can support you and answer questions as you deepen your learning experience. You can expect:
- Encouragement and direction on all assignments.
- Inspiration, motivation, and confidence to help you excel in your studies.
- Brainstorming to help you prepare for your final project.
- 100% online learning that works with your schedule.
- Flexible format: you’ll learn through video lectures. Tune in anytime that works for you.
- 20 to 30 hours of total instruction and course work, including engaging multimedia, simulations, and curated assignments for which you will receive guidance and support from mentors.
How to Apply
It’s easy. No transcripts or letters of recommendation are required. Our application asks you to provide the following:
- Basic contact information for you and your parent or guardian.
- Why you wish to take this course, and a bit of your story, through writing, video, photos—any media you prefer.
Begin the guided process. It should take only a few minutes to answer the questions.Begin the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will you be graded? What are assignments like? How much time do you have to turn around a project? When do you find out if you’re admitted? Find answers to your questions here.Answers to Your Questions Here
We offer need-based scholarships in each cohort to students exhibiting high potential and an inability to pay full tuition. If you would like to be considered for a scholarship but you:
- Haven’t applied to the program, complete your application now. The scholarship application is included.
- Applied to the program and didn’t fill out a scholarship request, reach out to us at email@example.com for assistance.
- Are unsure about whether or not you applied for a scholarship, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The University reserves the right to modify the course as may become necessary.